The Eastern Ontario Health Unit has provided the following guidelines for mandatory face coverings, which apply to all indoor public spaces in Cornwall:
- Enforcement of mandatory face coverings does not begin until July 14,
- Face coverings should securely cover the mouth, nose, and chin,
- Acceptable face coverings include medical masks, non-medical masks, bandanas, scarves, or cloths,
- Face coverings are not a substitute for hand washing and physical distancing,
- The following residents are exempt from mandatory masking:
- Children under 2 years of age,
- Children under 5 years of age who refuse to wear a mask,
- Individuals with medical conditions that render them unable to safely wear a mask,
- Individuals who are unable to apply or remove a mask without assistance,
- Individuals employed in an enclosed public space who is in an area not designated for public access, or behind a physical barrier like plexiglass.
COVID-19 assessment centres:
- Cornwall – call 613-935-7762 to book – 850 McConnell Ave.
Click here to learn more about how the City of Cornwall is responding to COVID-19.